Special Tools Required:
ST1206 Encoder Radial Alignment Tool
ST1205 Encoder Disc Gap Tool
- Remove the motor side swingarm chrome cover. Refer to S-XC-S00102
- Remove the encoder cover bolts (1) and carefully remove the cover as not to damage the sealing gasket
- Remove the encoder connector and encoder mirror (1).
- Remove the encoder disk bolt (2) and remove the disk.
- Remove the encoder sensor screws (1) and remove the sensor.
- Clean the encoder and disc cavity of any grease or dirt.
- Use threadlock (Loctite Blue 248) on the screw threads, loosely install the encoder screws (1).
- Use ST1206 Encoder Radial Alignment Tool (1). Place the tool over the motor shaft and put the alignment pegs (2) into the encoder mirror holes.
- Tighten the encoder screws and remove the tool.
- Install ST1205 Encoder Disc Gap Tool (1) on the motor shaft in the encoder chamber.
- Slide encoder disc (2) onto the motor shaft.
- Install the disc bolt and tighten 4 N•m (35 lb in)
- Remove the Encoder Disc Gap Tool
- Install the encoder mirror and encoder wire harness connector
- Inspect the encoder cover gasket and wiring harness grommet for any damage. If a problem is found, replace. You may use gasket sillant or high temp. silicon on / instead of encoder gasket.
- Install the encoder sensor cover. Ensure that the gasket and harness grommet are in place
- Install the encoder cover bolts (1). Tighten Encoder cover bolts 4 N•m (35 lb in)
- Calibrate the encoder. Refer to S-ST-100000.
Customer support service by UserEcho