Important: Ensure that the gearbox cover has had the modification to allow for adding gear oil. Inspect the cover for a reference mark (1) (shallow drilled indent) on the gearbox boss. Across from this mark should be a brake rotor bolt threaded hole with a hole drilled through the cover. If this modification has not been performed refer to Gearbox Modification.
Check wheel rim if there is no oil residue / spill. If you find - replace gearbox o-ring.
- Locate the reference mark (1) on the gearbox cover boss.
- Rotate the wheel so that the reference mark is at the top and remove the brake rotor bolt (2) that is across from the mark.
- Place suitable container under the gearbox. Rotate the wheel so that the drain hole is at the bottom. Let the oil drain.
- Measure 80cc/80ml (2.71 oz) of NEW Castrol Optigear Synthetic X gear oil.
- Pour the gear oil into the gearbox through this brake rotor bolt hole (1).
Important: Do not spill any of the oil on to the brake rotor or braking components. If it happens use brake cleaner spray (generously) to clean disc and pads.
- Apply threadlock (Loctite Blue) to the threaded portion of the brake rotor bolt.
- Tighten the rotor bolt to 20 N•m (15 lb ft)
Customer support service by UserEcho